Monday 22 March 2010

Keeping up with the I-joneses

I love my tech. Heck, I still love ceefax (tesco value internet I call it). But new tech, like the phone I am blogging on now, tickles me like I'm Elmo (sesame street, not Brush Strokes). I love the fact I can write this nonsense whilst sitting in a hotel foyer where, I'm pretty sure, the England ladies football team are currently meeting.

My tech allows me to can check film times in Truro (amazing eh - a cinema in Cornwall) or get a recipe suggestion just by putting in the ingredients (ham, cheese, bread - ah, coq au vin). So I should be all very happy shouldn't I thankyouvermuch.

Except all these whizzbang things need taking care of. My iphone is also my ipod and has the facility to show the album cover of the music you are listening to. But my image library was sparse, so the nice little disply was full of blanks.

So I manually added the covers. I started at 10.30pm on Saturday night and by 1.45am Sunday morning had to give up. Partly because I had run out of beer to keep me going but mainly because my eyes felt like they'd had salted peanuts rubbed in them.

I finally finished my album cover odyssey at some point on Sunday afternoon and was able to happily flick through the entire collection in a nice OCD manner for some time. That was after I bought a new protective cover for the phone. Oh, and for the screen. And sorted the charger. And arranged the wi-fi. By which point it was next thursday.

Honestly, it's like having a child. Only you can put them in the drawer and forget about them if you want to, but without social services getting involved. Oh and they have built-in GPS - the tech, not the children. Saying that perhaps that's the next thing wifi-gps-4g kids. Start queuing for them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment