Thursday 15 April 2010

Something to smile about


It's been a rather harrowing week as one of our cats, Mr Seth, has been in and out of the vets. Poor little fella has had real problems breathing and we had to rush him to emergency vets on Sunday night and then have more blood tests yesterday.

The good news is that he seems to be doing much better and the frightening wheeze he had has gone. He does have little shaved bits on his legs where they had to take his blood though - he looks like an advert for Immac (or Veet, as it's now known).

I can now look back on that quite distressing night in the emergency vets to say that for once I was able to get through something horrid with a classic funny moment.

Whilst we were there a man came in to collect a lost dog. However 10 minutes later another man, furious, turned up saying it was his dog and he wanted the police involved. Thankfully the police had already been called as the furious man was a known local loon and had rung before coming down.

And in amongst all that, all I could think of was that at any point the policeman should have just said "Lost dog? I'm sorry, we simply don't have any leads".

That gag kept me going inside for quite some time. I love when you can actually do jokes that you've only ever read in Children's jokebooks. I once managed, in a geography lesson at school, to have the following exchange with my grumpy teacher.

Teacher - What came after the bronze age?
Me - Was is the saus-age?

Even he laughed.

Anway, I've just shared those poor quality gags with you and with Seth, who is on his cushion next to me. He either doesn't get it or really couldn't care.

Doesn't matter to me, as long as the little fella is here I'll always have something to smile about.

No comments:

Post a Comment