Friday 6 November 2009

Blu-movies

A while back a very a generous friend bought me, a Playstation 3. This was very exciting. Not for the games, that's a given, but the fact that is has a Blu-Ray player in it.

I wasn't convinced I needed extra sharp quality on my tv until now. I'd been happy enough when I got my own DVD player in 2000 that things could never look any better. Then I saw Blu-Ray on screen and I was astounded. The clarity is unreal and I urge anyone who is remoted interested in film or tv to get hold of one as it's like looking through a window at real life - only real life with the colours balanced properly. It even boosts DVDs to make them look as good as possible.

But, as James said in their 1991 hit 'Sit Down' "If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor". By that, I mean everything in comparison looks ropy. I'm seriously considering having some Blu Ray eyes put in, so I can see the world in HD. I'm currently just viewing in, well, D.

I look at regular tv broadcasts with disdain. I can't get HD channels at home due to the huge technological issue of "the trees have too many leaves on them" and "Sky can't be bothered making a big enough pole to put the dish on" so I have to get Freeview. I was watching football on Saturday night and the picture was really quite blocky.

I am also faced with the task of getting my fave films on Blu-Ray now, after having had them on DVD and VHS (how long before George Lucas realises he can milk us all again?). Curse you progress. Curse you perfection. And especially curse you George Lucas (I'll come back to him at a later blog date).

Where next for TV? Direct downloads into the brain? Holographic 3D? TV that you don't actually watch, but feel it in your body (if so, don't let Watchdog loose on that, I might end up lynching myself). Whatever it is, can someon let me know now so I can start saving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment