Monday 2 November 2009

First up

Right. So I should finally get round to doing this properly and blog, instead of posting facebook and twitter and whatever the rest of it is.

So if you're reading this, then welcome - take your feet off, and rest your weary shoes. I don't mean to do anything more here than throw down the random elements that come into my brain or when I can make poor quality puns with little effort. I'll try to make them funny, or if not then about something vaguely important.

So, to start with. I'm me - 34 years old, writer by profession, married with two cats. I like to make myself and others laugh. And that's about it really. What do I like? What do I hate? I'll find out here and let you know.

The first thing I want you to know, is that I am most definitely me. And I'm sure of this, despite others trying to be me. I shall explain.

I had an email the other day from Facebook simply saying:"Tim Colman would like to be your friend".

That was a bit odd, because I'm Tim Colman. Well, I think I am.It was a request from another Tim Colman who, I can only presume, is trying to link up with his namesakes.

Thankfully, you are able to look a bit at his profile before you say yes or no and that may have swung it.This Tim Colman is a bit weird. He lists his religion as Buddhist-Klingon. His political views are "just to the right of Attilla the Hun". I don't think we're going to get on - no matter how funny he thinks he is.

Thing is, I'm Tim Colman. Always have been, always will be (I hope) so I'm a bit reticent to think of there being other Tim Colman's in the world.

When I left a previous town I lived in, my friends told me that a bloke appeared who looked a lot like me. They started calling him "Fake Tim Colman" as a joke. Then one night he appeared in the same pub as them and had a t-shirt on with three letters - FTC. Was he aware of his status and was mocking them? Or was it just silly co-incidence.

I find it all a little strange, not unlike my non-facebook-friend Tim Colman.

There can be only one - and that is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment