Thursday 26 November 2009

My brain is at it again

I wrote a while back about how I struggle to keep the bad thoughts in my brain and not out in the world. Well today it's been at it again. And once more the bowels of Hell await me I'm sure.

See, I've been trying to write a round-up about Children in Need that happened across the business I work for. And no matter how I tried starting the article, my brain just wanted to write awful stuff. Here's some of the versions I had to delete:

"We love Children in Need. Not the charity you understand, the concept of needy children"

"Children in Need is great isn't it, all that brill telly? Shame they ruin it by putting those sad stories up inbetween James Corden and Terry Wogan doing a conga"

"It's time to see what you've been doing for Children in Need. This year we wanted to do a sponsored 'push Myleene Klass into a pit of razor blades' but some red tape got in the way"

"Lets find out what you did for that luminous one-eyed bear Pudsey"

"Children in Need. A great charity. Helping those in need of a pension, like Terry Wogan"


So, you see, it wouldn't stop coming. All But then thankfully I got an email that beat everything hands down, completely unintentionally. It was from my contact in Bury who simply sent a file with the title "Bury children in need". That's a harsh way to deal with them I thought.

And then I laughed so loudly I snorted and was able to write something sensible instead. Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment